Thursday, November 4 to Sunday, November 7
Strathcona Park Lodge
A gathering based on respect for all living beings, universal human rights, nonviolence, fairness and peace.
Join us for an amazing three day retreat focused on:
- Bridging differences between Aboriginal, non-Aboriginal, Immigrant & youth communities.
- Learning about creating community where diversity is celebrated!
- Workshops that will help you build skills as an inclusive leader.
- Creating an Action Plan for Campbell River to address racism and other forms of discrimination.
Experience a weekend gathering based on respect for all living beings and community-building
Discover viewpoints showing the magnificence of diversity in society and in nature.
Develop Inclusive Leadership awareness and skills for connecting with differences; communicating with compassion; and responding effectively to discrimination and predjudice.
Learn through cooperative games, creative activities, heart-to-heart conversation and adventurous challenges!
Participate in awareness and skill-building workshops.
Create Action Plans for making a world of difference - starting in our own homes, schools, and our community.
Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Please fill out the registration package (link is below at the bottom of the page) and deliver or mail to:
Inclusive Leadership, CRMISA, A114-740 Robron Rd, Campbell River, BC, V9W 6J7
If you face any access challenges such as: visual, auditory, mobility, communication, language or literacy, please contact moss at moss [dot] dance [at] crmisa [dot] ca or 250-830-0171 - we can work together toward a welcoming experience.
Inclusive Leadership Adventures are funded by volunteer efforts. Through the shared leadership of participants and their supporters, we raise the funds to cover the costs of food, accommodation, insurance, materials, supplies and access supports such as personal care attendants and interpreters.
For participants who are able to pay for the weekend, we suggest a donation between $150-300 to cover costs.
Although we never turn anyone away because of money, we ask participants to do what they can to raise funds for this experience.
For more information about fundraising, please check out our "FUNraising Package" link below, or contact moss dance at moss [dot] dance [at] crmisa [dot] ca
Dates & Times
Check in at Strathcona Park Lodge is on Thursday, November 4 from 1:00-2:30pm
Friday afternoon/evening will feature a Salmon Feast and Ceremony - all participants will be invited to create this experience together.
Gathering ends at 4:00pm on Sunday, November 7
The Inclusive Leadership Adventure will be hosted at beautiful Strathcona Park Lodge, situated on the shores of Upper Campbell Lake. You can find out more about Strathcona Park Lodge here:
For directions, please visit:
- November at Strathcona Park Lodge will likely be rainy, and will definitely be cold! Please bring appropriate rain wear and warm layers. Nature walks will be offered, be sure to bring shoes that are good for the trail!
- Technology Alert! Please be prepared to leave your cell phone, games and computers off for most of the weekend - this gathering is about connecting face to face and having FUN with our community.
- If you face any access challenges such as: visual, auditory, mobility, communication, language or literacy, please contact moss at moss [dot] dance [at] crmisa [dot] ca or 250-830-0171 so we can work together toward an inclusive and welcoming experience.
|registration form.doc||314.5 KB|
|FUNdraising package.doc||132.5 KB|
|November ILA poster.pdf||597.92 KB|