The Family Support Worker assists newcomers and their families to adjust to life in Canada and connect with the community.
How We Help:
- Assist families with settlement needs in the areas of legal, health, immigration, education, family, employment and financial matters
- Advocate for, accompany and link newcomers to other service providers in our community
- Provide short-term counseling and information when newcomers experience hardship in their relationship with their spouse, at their workplace, at school or in contact with immigration
- Provide culturally appropriate information and community resources to young families on health issues, child development, and ideas on parenting a child in Canadian society
- Provide information about Canadian services, programs, and requirements in their first language whenever possible